Monday, September 3, 2007

No Battlestar Galactica on iTunes

You have probably all heard the rumors. And now it has been confirmed. Battlestar Galactica will no longer be solded on iTunes.

The reason to this is that NBC and Apple can't decide on the price for the different TV shows. NBC want's to set a higher price tag for newer TV shows and a lower price for older shows. But as Apple only accept one price for every video no matter how old or how new it is.

So will you be able to download the latest and older episodes of Battlestar Galactica? Well, yes, to an extent. If you live in the USA you will be able to download the episodes from Amazon.com. You also need to run a computer that has Windows XP or Vista on it.

I personally think this is just another big, dumb and greedy mistake from NBC...

Related:
- NBC Fraks Itself
- NBC to End iTunes Sales of Its Shows

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks.

I don't have cable and have been eagerly awaiting Razor and BSG 4.0.

Basically, what, I'm going to have to download the bootleg?

Stupid, stupid megaconglomerate.

Anonymous said...

You can buy it on Amazon and download it to view on there viewer. Buy you could also find the format of the download and then buy a convertor to MP4. I did this, but I'm sure they will create some unique codec to make it unreadable. This process worked for the free version and it was playable on my iphone.

Anonymous said...

Kinda stupid. I was paying to watch the show and now I am not. NBC doesn't get anything now. How was that a win-win situation? Guess I will just do it on the website for free with lousy video quality.

Anonymous said...

Hey NBC CHECK THIS---

I was going to buy an episode I missed. But since it's off itunes and not on on demand either, i'm going to be downloading a torrent like i've done in the past........

for fee!!!!!!

Thats what you get, almost had a new customer.

Anonymous said...

I bought the DVD boxsets at $49 per season. Used a DVD ripping program that converts the DVD directly into .mp4 format. Plays perfect DVD quality on my iphone